Gerber University is an online learning portal designed for individuals looking to increase their proficiency with Gerber’s software and hardware products.
Gerber University provides an extensive collection of live and virtual instructor-led training and easy-to-use, self-paced courses that offer learners access to information they need quickly – from the most basic to highly advanced topics. Users participate in and complete courses at their own pace and convenience to maximize learning while minimizing costs.
Gerber University offerings include:
- Instructor-led, in-person training (onsite or at a Gerber facility)
- Instructor-led, online training
- Self-paced, online video training
- Software simulations
Benefits to online learning:
- Convenient – learn on your own time, at your own pace
- Affordable – classes are available for every budget
- Professional growth – sharpen your current skillset or learn something new
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How soon after I register can I access the training?
Access to training is available at the top of the first hour after your initial registration. Afterwards, all content will be available upon log in. Depending on the method of training you select, the session could be on-demand or as a scheduled offering. See next FAQ for more details.
2. What types of training are available?
We offer three types of training methods:
- Instructor-led and in-person.
- Instructor- led and online.
- Self-paced demo/video/document.
3. How will I know that I’ve completely understood the course content?
As with traditional learning approaches, knowledge retention is of utmost importance:
- Our software simulation gives you the opportunity to review what you've learned.
- We provide assessments that challenge the learner to repeat what was taught.
- You can replay as well as rewind and fast-forward all online courses to ensure nothing is missed. Please be advised that recorded courses will expire after a select period of time.
- In addition, supporting documentation is made available to download and review for all scheduled offerings.
- All live training encourages hands-on, follow-along activities where the instructor gives an example and the learner mimics the activity.
4. How will I be billed?
Credit card payment is required with each course registration.
5. Is live training still available?
Yes, we will continue to offer live trainings. They will be offered either online or in-person. All requests, offerings and schedules are handled via Gerber University.
6. Do courses require prerequisites?
Some courses do require prerequisites to ensure continuity of training. Prerequisites are clearly identified prior to purchasing a course.
7. What languages are supported?
Currently, courses are available in English. Additional languages will be added in the future. If a course in a specific language is desired, please submit your request via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Can training content be customized to fit my company’s needs?
Training can be customized specific to an individual company. Please contact email@example.com for customized training requirements and pricing options.